Walking you all the way home.
Search Homes My Blog Testimonials Home Contact Us

My New Blog

Accommodations for Service Animals in Housing
February 7th, 2014 4:25 PM

Federal law, through the federal Fair Housing Act (“FHA”) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (applies to housing that received federal funding assistance), may require accommodations by housing providers for service animals that provide assistance to individuals with a disability.  This will include housing that may have a “no pets” policy or similar restrictions on the types of animals that residents may have in their housing units.  An accommodation request under the FHA isn’t limited to a particular type of service animal, and so could require accommodations for such animals as snakes or birds.  A reasonable accommodation request can be made to a landlord for rental property or to a condominium or co-op board.


Posted in:General
Posted by Teresa Molina on February 7th, 2014 4:25 PMPost a Comment

Subscribe to this blog



My Favorite Blogs:

Sites That Link to This Blog: